Visit the capital Washington DC - Day Trip from New York
Visit Washington DC famous for the White House, the Capitol Hill and the many historic Memorials. This is one of the Top Activities from New York, available every day. You will visit Washington in 1 Day without losing any of the most important attractions and landmarks. Expert tour guides with you for the entire excursion and Free Wi-Fi available aboard the bus!
- Departure Point: Visitor Center in Midtown 777 8th Avenue, between 47th and 48th Street
- Departure Time: 7:00 a.m.
- Duration: 1 day
- By: Bus or Minivan
- Live guide: English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, Portuguese, Hebrew, Chinese (Mandarin), Korean, Japanese
- Excursion available daily departing from Manhattan, professional Tour Guides available in 10 languages!
- Aboard bus with Free Wi-Fi
- Visit Arlington Cemetery
- Visit Washington famous for the White House, Capitol Hill & the Supreme Court: the 3 sites representing US government
- Visit the Memorials of Lincoln with the Reflecting Pool , and the Korea and Vietnam Memorial
- Admission to the Air & Space Museum
- The best activity available in New York!
Availability - Pick a DateAvailableNot availableSelected
Visiting the city of Washington DC in one day from New York is one of the most requested and appreciated tours we offer. It starts in the morning leaving from Manhattan, and in little more than 3 hours you will arrive in the US Capital. Your guide will entertain you sharing interesting facts on the city.
What Attractions you will see in Washington
The Capitol is the headquarters of the two branches of the United States Congress, the tour includes a stop to listen to the history of this historic building and to climb the imposing staircase that leads to the palace, from here you will have a view of the Mall, on the Washington Memorial surrounded by flags up to the Lincoln Memorial with the Reflecting Pool.The Palace suffered damage during the war against the British army in 1812, it was completely rebuilt in 1869, since then over the years it has been periodically restored.
We will then stop at the White House, The White House residence of the President of the United States. The whole area is closed to traffic, so we could get off the bus and with the guide approach the gate to take pictures and admire the garden and the outside of the building. For the visit to the White House to effect the classic tours there are very specific procedures for American citizens, who must apply to their parliamentary reference. For foreign citizens, on the other hand, one could apply at the embassy, but after 2001 they were suspended. Unlike Capitol Hill, the White House is certainly smaller but remains the undisputed symbol of political power.
The visit to the Arlington National Cemetery is one of the most evocative stages during our Tour, expanses of white gravestones, more than 400,000 American soldiers are buried, monuments and amphitheaters and then the emotion in front of the Kennedy Family's tomb, always evocative of the Guard in front of the Unknown Soldier.
The main attractions you will see include: Arlington Cemetery, the White House and Capitol Hill, symbols of power and Washington's political life. But you will also visit some of the most well-known memorials, Lincoln and the famous Reflecting Pool, the Vietnam and the Korean Memorial, and also the fun Air and Space Museum. During the city tour you will also have time for a quick snack (not included). You will return to New York in the evening.
- Day Trip
- Official Guide
- Wifi available on bus (not on minivan)
- Tour of Washington
What’s Not Included:
- Additional Gratuities (optional)
- Food & Beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Everything else not specifically outlined in the "What’s Included"
Good to know:
- Please note that all venues included in the tour description, including, but not limited to, restaurants, attractions, landmarks, monuments and museums are subject to change without prior notice.
- If the Tour is offered in more than one language, the tour guide will narrate in multiple languages,maximum 2.
- Please note that all departure schedules and locations may change without prior notice.
- We reserve the right to change any Itinerary without prior notice.
- Complete details, including the confirmed departure point and time, are included on your Voucher
You can cancel free of charge until 3 days before your reservation starts. After that time, no refunds will be made.
Supplier & Local Operator Guarantee
“When purchasing your vacation activities don’t take a guess!”
Our team of experts carefully select all local operators we collaborate with to ensure that our clients get the best possible service. All products we advertised in our website are offered by reliable suppliers that have been in business for several years and that are recognized to be leaders of excellence in the travel industry. In your travel documents, you will find complete information on the local operator, including contact numbers in case of an emergency. If you need additional help our customer service will be happy to further assist you in getting in contact with the local operator, and in case of any issues with your reservation we will do everything in our power to ensure a smooth resolution so you can go back to enjoy your vacation!Activity ID: 1283
- Booking in 1-2-3 easy Steps!
- All-Inclusive Prices
- No extra fees or hidden costs