The Santa Monica Pier, located in the Santa Monica beachfront neighborhood
, was opened in early 1910s and today is one of the most historic landmarks of Los Angeles
Index: Santa Monica Pier & Ferris Wheel
Throughout the years, Santa Monica has had many Piers, but the current one is actually formed by 2 adjoining piers, one built in 1909, and the other built in 1916.
Today, the Pier is worldwide known for the state of the art solar-paneled Ferris Wheel that stretches out into the Pacific Ocean.
The Ferris-Wheel @ the Pacific Park
The Ferris-Wheel is part of the Pacific Park,
the only West-coast family amusement park to be located on a Pier. The Pacific Park is one of the most visited attractions in Santa Monica
and features a total of thirteen rides and a roller coaster that circles around the majority of the park. The park is a perfect outing for the whole family, there is no charge for admission
, and you just pay for each individual ride.
Santa Monica Pier also houses the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium,
the original 1920s carousel, and a variety of shops, pubs, restaurants, a video arcade and a trapeze school.
Our Tip to save money
With PASS Go Los Angeles you get Unlimited access to the twelve rides of Pacific Park and 35+ Los Angeles' best attractions including Universal Studios Hollywood™*, Madame Tussauds, Warner Bros and more.
Attractions and Fun at the Pier
- Pacific Park: Phone: (310) 260-8744 Hours see the Website
- The Historical Carousel: Phone: (310) 394-8042
- Playland Arcade: Phone: (310) 451-5133
- Santa Monica Pier Aquarium: Phone: (310) 393-6149 - Hours: Tu-F 2PM-5PM, Sa-Su 12:30PM-5PM
- Trapeze School: Phone: (310) 394-5800 - Hours: M-Su 8:30AM-10PM
- 66 to Cali: Where the iconic Route 66 end - Phone: (818) 599-0972 - Hours: Su-Th 11AM-7PM, F-Sa 11AM-9PM
- Pier Shop & Visitor Center: if you wont to known more on the historic Santa Monica Pier - Phone: (310) 458-8066 - Hours: M-Th 11AM-5 PM, F-Su 11AM-7PM
Downtown Santa Monica and the Promenade
Downtown Santa Monica
is located right off the Pier. Here you will find the famous 3rd Street Promenade,
the premier shopping, dining and entertainment district in Santa Monica. You can spend a day exploring Santa Monica Pier and the Promenade, there are many tours and activities that cover this area,
and you can also decide to take one of the excursions that explore the beaches of Los Angeles: Venice and Santa Monica.
Los Angeles Attractions and Activities Map